All about Women's Ethnic Wear

Breaking News
recent

Knot Of Protection


On the full moon day of the Hindu month of Shravan(Late July- Mid August) I bring shower of love and respect to the humanity. I not only strengthen the bond of love between two persons, but also I go way beyond the confines of the family, society and border. I tie bond between all the religions whether it’s Hindus, Jains, Sikhs and Muslims. I am beyond every religion. No country keeps me tied within their political boundaries.

Once a Bengali poet eloquently said about me:
The love in my body and heart
For the earth's shadow and light
Has stayed over years.
With its cares and its hope it has thrown
A language of its own
Into blue skies.
It lives in my joys and glooms
In the spring night's buds and blooms
Like a Rakhi-band
On the Future's hand.

Whenever any predicament came to the society, I am used to create a bridge between individuals to vanish all the hardship exists in our life. I don’t melt like a burning candle within an hour. I stay for years on the hand of the people to pass brotherhood to this beautiful world.

Nobel laureate Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore came down to road and tied me on the hand of the people to spread love and affection beyond every religion to bring them together to protest against the decision of partition of Bengal and see the power of my knot that in 1911, British colonial empire reversed the partition and unified Bengal. What no political party could do I did it in one day. I just shook the British Empire.
Myths and historic legends are also linked to me. During the Mughal Rule the Rajput queens practiced the custom of sending me to neighbouring rulers as token of brotherhood.

I am also found in the prayer of Vishnu Purana, where Yasoda says while tying me as an amulet on Krishna's wrist:
May the lord of all beings protect you,
May the one who creates, preserves and dissolves life protect thee,
May Govinda guard thy head; Kesava, thy neck; Vishnu, thy belly;
the eternal Narayana, thy face, thin arms, thy mind, and faculties of sense;
May all negativity and fears, spirits malignant and unfriendly, flee thee;
May Rishikesa keep you safe in the sky; and Mahidhara, upon earth.

In Sanskrit I am described as "the tie or knot of protection". I am everywhere from historical truths to mythological stories I belong to everywhere- on the hand of the brothers to a person of different religion I am everywhere. I am a woman. My name is Rakhi.
drapeethnic

drapeethnic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.